Candied Pear Chutney
Serve this chutney with Roasted Organic Butternut Squash Bisque.
- 2 slightly crisp pears Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons apple cider Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds Add to list
- 1 stick cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
Cut pears into thin slices or small cubes.
Place the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over pears and allow to sit for 3 hours to overnight.
Drain and remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired October 27, 2010.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.