Candied Pear Chutney
Serve this chutney with Roasted Organic Butternut Squash Bisque.
- 2 slightly crisp pears Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons apple cider Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds Add to list
- 1 stick cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
Cut pears into thin slices or small cubes.
Place the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over pears and allow to sit for 3 hours to overnight.
Drain and remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired October 27, 2010.