California Waldorf Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
This lively version of Waldorf salad combines the traditional ingredients with fresh organic baby spinach and a zesty lime dressing. It makes a lovely addition to a late summer picnic.
- 1/3 cup organic non-fat plain yogurt or sour cream Add to list
- 1/3 cup organic mayonnaise Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon honey Add to list
- 2 teaspsoons curry powder Add to list
Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend.
In a larger bowl, combine the celery, raisins, grapes, apple and nuts. Add about 2 tablespoons of the dressing to this mixture.
Place the spinach in a salad bowl, add the celery, fruits and nuts and some of the dressing, then toss to combine. Add more dressing sparingly if needed.
Source: Sound Consumer, September 2005