Buttermilk Potato Salad with Arugula
A fresh, creamy and tangy potato salad that is perfect for picnics or a backyard barbecue.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered Add to list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk Add to list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise Add to list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese Add to list
- 5 cups loosely packed arugula Add to list
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and immediately run under cold water until completely cool. Drain well.
Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise and yogurt in a bowl. Add dill, chives, garlic, shallot and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Put potatoes in a large bowl and, using a rubber spatula, fold in dressing. Add feta and arugula and stir to combine. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Each serving: 230 cal, 9g fat (4g sat), 25mg chol, 550mg sodium, 31g carb, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 8g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »