Bulgur Salad with Summer Tomatoes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 cup whole wheat bulgur Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 pound green beans, blanched for a couple minutes in boiling salted water and then drained Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon Add to list
- 1 garlic clove, minced Add to list
- Black pepper (to taste) Add to list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted Add to list
- 1/3 cup mint, washed and chopped Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups red, orange and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved Add to list
Put the bulgur and water in a saucepan with a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the bulgur is cooked through. While the bulgur is cooking cut the beans into bite-sized segments and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, remaining salt, and pepper. Fluff the bulgur with a fork and toss with the lemon olive oil mixture. Add the pine nuts and mint and toss again. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Add the cherry tomatoes and give one last gentle toss â€” gentle enough that the tomatoes stay intact. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »