Buckwheat Noodles with Mango and Cucumber
A refreshing noodle salad, featuring mangos and cucumbers, that's perfect for a warm summer night.
- 1 (12-ounce) package buckwheat noodles Add to list
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 mango – peeled, pitted and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts (optional) Add to list
Cook noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water, according to package directions, until al dente. Rinse under cool water and drain; set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, lime juice, honey and garlic. Slowly whisk in oils; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss noodles with dressing to coat. Add mango, cucumber, basil, mint, onion and peanuts; mix gently.
For a complete meal, add cooked and sliced tofu, chicken or steak.
Each serving: 460 cal, 12g fat (1g sat), 0mg chol, 70mg sodium, 82g carb, 6g fiber, 10g protein