Brussels Sprouts, Greek style
Serves: 4 to 6
This dish uses one pot, saving on precious stove space in a busy Thanksgiving kitchen. It’s also wonderful made ahead and served at room temperature.
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1/2 cup water Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and scored with an X in each stem (to promote even cooking) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Fresh oregano or parsley, for garnish Add to list
In a saucepan, bring lemon juice, water and oil to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sprouts, oregano and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Discard bay leaf.
Toss with lemon zest, vinegar, salt and pepper. Garnish with oregano or parsley.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor