Brussels Sprouts, Greek style
Serves: 4 to 6
PCC Cooks instructor Marie Donadio says, “This dish uses one pot, saving on precious stove space in a busy Thanksgiving kitchen. It’s also wonderful made ahead and served at room temperature.”
Dungeness Organic Farms in Sequim, Wash., grows organic Brussels sprouts for PCC.
- 1 lemon, zest and juice Add to list
- 1/2 cup water Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and scored with an X in each stem (to promote even cooking) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon oregano Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper Add to list
- Fresh oregano or parsley for garnish Add to list
Zest lemon and set aside for later. Bring water, olive oil and lemon juice to a boil in a saucepan. Add sprouts, oregano and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
Drain and transfer to serving bowl. Toss with vinegar, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Garnish with oregano or parsley.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer November 2006
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »