Brussels Sprouts, Greek style
Serves: 4 to 6
This dish uses one pot, saving on precious stove space in a busy Thanksgiving kitchen. It’s also wonderful made ahead and served at room temperature.
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1/2 cup water Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and scored with an X in each stem (to promote even cooking) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Fresh oregano or parsley, for garnish Add to list
In a medium saucepan, bring lemon juice, water and oil to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sprouts, oregano and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain and transfer to serving bowl. Discard bay leaf.
Toss with lemon zest, vinegar, salt and pepper. Garnish with oregano or parsley.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »