Udon Noodle Salad with Tofu and Peanut Sauce
Serves: 4 large and up to 12 small servings
This dish is simply beautiful, and one of my favorites to prepare for a special group of friends. Although I have labeled this recipe a salad and the directions indicate to serve it chilled, these items can be combined to make a delicious stir-fry as well!
- 4 ounces udon noodles Add to list
- 1 large carrot, grated or cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips Add to list
- 3 leaves winter greens such as chard or kale, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2/3 cup peanut sauce, or to taste (PCC carries several excellent brands) Add to list
- Juice of 1 lime Add to list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Add to list
- Hot sauce or chili oil, to taste Add to list
- Zesty Orange and Sesame Marinated Tofu Add to list
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish Add to list
- Fresh basil sprigs for garnish Add to list
- Peanuts or cashews for garnish Add to list
Cook the udon noodles according to package directions. Refresh in cold water and drain.
Combine the noodles with the carrots, cucumber, red bell pepper, winter greens, peanut sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce. Adjust the seasoning to your taste with more peanut sauce or hot sauce and gently fold in the tofu.
Serve the salad chilled and garnished with a generous amount of cilantro, basil and peanuts or cashews.