Brie en Croûte
Serves: 8 as an appetizer
Creamy and rich Brie cheese is wrapped in puff pastry and baked with almonds, for an elegant and easy holiday appetizer.
- 1 sheet pre-packaged frozen puff pastry Add to list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or walnuts Add to list
- Flour, for dusting Add to list
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie cheese Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1 egg, beaten Add to list
- 1 tablespoon water Add to list
- Crackers, for serving Add to list
Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400° F.
Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat and sauté nuts until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 14-inch square; cut off corners to make a circle. Place Brie in the center of pastry and sprinkle with nuts and parsley.
Fold two opposite sides over cheese. Trim two remaining sides to 2 inches from the edge of the cheese then fold these 2 sides on to the round. Press edges to seal and place seam-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Decorate top with pastry scraps, if desired. Mix together egg and water in a small bowl and brush entire surface with egg mixture.
Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe by, PCC staff member