Eggs offer a great source of protein, and are one of the few food sources of Vitamin D.
- Oil spray Add to list
- 8 eggs lightly beaten, or egg substitute or no-yolk egg substitute Add to list
- 1 large portobello mushroom, chopped Add to list
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 package vegetarian breakfast sausage links, cut into small to medium pieces Add to list
- 1/2 pound feta cheese Add to list
- 1/2 jar of your favorite salsa Add to list
Spray a large skillet or frittata dish with oil spray. Pour in 8 eggs and evenly distribute mushrooms, onions and sausage links over eggs.
Place on medium heat and cook without stirring until eggs are done on top. If using a frittata dish, bake in 400 to 450° F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
When done, sprinkle with feta cheese, then dot with salsa.
Recipe by, former PCC staff