Breakfast Bonanza Beverages
Any variation on one of these delicious Bonanzas can be a good answer to the challenge of "I don't have time" or "I'm not hungry when I get up." Make it up the night before and keep it refrigerated in a thermos. Drink it instead of coffee during your morning break.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup yogurt Add to list
- 1/4 cup organic fruit (fresh or frozen) Add to list
- 1 to 3 tablespoons oat bran Add to list
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ Add to list
- Vanilla, to taste Add to list
- Sweetener, to taste Add to list
- Cardamom, cinnamon or nutmeg, to taste Add to list
Optional: any combination of the following "boosts":
Add ingredients to blender, cover and blend until smooth. Some of the "boosts" have very strong flavors, so experiment gently until you find the combinations you like — or, add some of your own good ideas!
1. Substitute 4 ounces of silken tofu for yogurt.
2. Substitute 1/4 cup cooked whole grains for oat bran.
4. Substitute powdered soy or almond milk for the dry milk powder.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Education Manager
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »