Breakfast Bonanza Beverages
Any variation on one of these delicious Bonanzas can be a good answer to the challenge of "I don't have time" or "I'm not hungry when I get up." Make it up the night before and keep it refrigerated in a thermos. Drink it instead of coffee during your morning break.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup yogurt Add to list
- 1/4 cup fruit of your choice, fresh or frozen Add to list
- 1 to 3 tablespoons oat bran Add to list
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ Add to list
- Vanilla, to taste Add to list
- Sweetener, to taste Add to list
- Cardamom, cinnamon or nutmeg, to taste Add to list
Optional: any combination of the following "boosts":
Add ingredients to blender, cover and blend until smooth. Some of the "boosts" have very strong flavors, so experiment gently until you find the combinations you like — or, add some of your own good ideas!
1. Substitute 4 ounces of silken tofu for yogurt.
2. Substitute 1/4 cup cooked whole grains for oat bran.
4. Substitute powdered soy or almond milk for the dry milk powder.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Education Manager