Yield: 9 square bars, or 8 thin rectangle bars
Bake up a batch of healthy breakfast bars and start your day with a burst of energy.
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats Add to list
- 2/3 cup non-fat dry milk Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
- Pinch of ground allspice Add to list
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F. Light grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
Combine oats, dry milk, baking powder, baking soda and spices. In a small bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Add to dry mixture and mix well.
Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.