Yield: 9 square bars, or 8 thin rectangle bars
Bake up a batch of healthy breakfast bars and start your day with a burst of energy.
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats Add to list
- 2/3 cup non-fat dry milk Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
- 1 dash ground allspice Add to list
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract Add to list
Combine oats, dry milk, baking powder and soda, and spices. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry mixture and mix well.
Spread into an 8-inch square greased baking pan and bake at 350º F for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
Source: Sound Consumer insert, September 2005
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »