Bread Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
Serves: 6 to 8
The Lebanese version of Italy’s bread salad. While traditional recipes call for pita, this version uses artisan bread, grilled and ready to absorb some of the dressing made with reduced pomegranate juice.
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses Add to list
- 4 slices artisan bread, brushed with olive oil and grilled until lightly brown Add to list
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes Add to list
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and cubed cucumber Add to list
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved Add to list
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces Add to list
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped mint Add to list
- 1 lemon, juiced, or to taste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or more if needed Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/3 cup sheep’s milk feta Add to list
Cut grilled bread into cubes. Mix in a bowl with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, Romaine, parsley and mint.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses. Pour over the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with feta.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor