Brandied Berry Toffee Crisp
Serves: 8 to 12
This is a quick and easy dessert that highlights the best fruit of the season.
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats Add to list
- 1 cup flour Add to list
- 3/4 cup melted butter Add to list
- 1 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1 cup crumbled toffee Add to list
- 2 cups berries such as raspberries, blackberries or blueberries Add to list
- 3 cups chopped fruit, such as pears, nectarines, apricots or apples Add to list
- 1/2 cup brandy Add to list
- 1/4 cup sugar Add to list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced Add to list
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Stir oats, flour, butter, brown sugar and toffee together in a bowl.
Mix together fruits, brandy, sugar and lemon juice. Pour into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Top with the Crisp Topping and bake about 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
You may add chopped pecans, dried fruit, or cinnamon and clove to the crisp topping for variety.
Recipe by, PCC Chef