A bouquet garni is a collection of herbs and spices wrapped in cheesecloth or a muslin bag that is added to a stock for flavoring, then removed at the end of the cooking time.
- 1 small fresh sprig or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary Add to list
- 2 sprigs fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 3 leaves fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seed, slightly smashed Add to list
- 3 cracked black peppercorns Add to list
- 2 whole cloves Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
Tie up the herbs and spices in cheesecloth. This allows for easier retrieval from a soup or stock.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor