Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancakes
A bit of a crossover between a pancake and a popover, this breakfast treat is a breeze to make. When fresh blueberries are no longer available, trying adding sautéed apple slices.
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk, at room temperature Add to list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Oil, for pan Add to list
- 1/2 cup blueberries Add to list
- Powdered sugar, maple syrup or jam, for serving (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Whisk eggs in a bowl until light and frothy. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt. Whisk 1/3 of the milk mixture into the flour mixture, until no lumps remain. Slowly whisk in remaining milk mixture.
Lightly oil a 9- or 10-inch ovenproof skillet (cast iron works great) and place in the oven until very hot. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and pour the batter into the skillet; sprinkle batter with blueberries.
Bake until crisp and golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, cut into wedges, and serve with maple syrup or jam, if using.
Each serving: 260 cal, 10g fat (4g sat), 170mg chol, 380mg sodium, 32g carb, 4g fiber, 10g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef