Blueberry Bulgur Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
All you need is boiling water to prepare this easy to cook grain.
- 1 cup bulgur Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water Add to list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 pint blueberries Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts Add to list
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes Add to list
Combine bulgur and boiling water in a bowl. Cover and let stand for 30 to 40 minutes. Drain excess water and fluff with a fork.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, mustard and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine bulgur, blueberries, parsley, mint, walnuts and tomatoes; toss with dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, to allow flavors to meld.