Blue Kiwi Smoothie
- 3 kiwis, peeled and chopped Add to list
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped Add to list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries Add to list
- 1 cup plain yogurt Add to list
- 6 to 8 ice cubes or 1 1/2 cups crushed ice Add to list
- 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- Optional: 8 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder, 3 tablespoons of flax oil or 2 to 4 tablespoons of powdered "greens" such as spirulina or a greens blend Add to list
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend or puree on appropriate setting until smooth and creamy.
Smoothies are an easy way to get some of your daily fruit servings and are a great base for adding nutrient-dense foods like protein powders, flax oil and powdered greens to your daily diet. These easy-to-blend smoothies are perfect for a quick breakfast, light lunch or summer treat. Enjoy!