Blue Kiwi Smoothie
Serves: 3 to 4
Shake off the winter blues with this delicious and refreshing breakfast smoothie! Smoothies are a great way to get your daily fruit servings. Add nutrient-dense food such as protein powder, tofu or yogurt for an extra energy boost!
- 3 kiwis, peeled and chopped Add to list
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped Add to list
- 1 cup LaPierre frozen blueberries (found in the freezer section at PCC) Add to list
- 1 cup plain yogurt Add to list
- 6 to 8 ice cubes or 1 1/2 cups crushed ice Add to list
- 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 8 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder (optional) Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend or puree on the appropriate setting until smooth and creamy.
Kids of all ages can help prepare and measure ingredients. Older kids can make breakfast smoothies for the whole family, while younger children may need assistance with the blender.
Try these other great smoothie recipes:
Each serving: 190cal, 1.5g fat (0.5g sat),5mg chol, 45mg sodium, 43g carb, 4g fiber, 5g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »