Blackman Family Wraps
A great simple meal that you can put together with what's on hand. On evenings the family is busy, keep the warm items on the stove and spread out the condiments on the counter until everyone's eaten.
- Whole wheat tortillas or chapatis, your favorite brand Add to list
Any combination of the following fillings:
- 1 recipe Chili Squash OR favorite refried beans Add to list
- Cooked ground beef OR cooked whole kidney or anasazi beans Add to list
- Choice of salsas Add to list
- Organic Romaine lettuce, cut into thin strips Add to list
- Diced organic tomato Add to list
- Diced organic cucumber Add to list
- Diced organic avocado Add to list
- Thinly sliced organic red onion Add to list
- Chopped organic green onion Add to list
- Grated jack or pepper jack cheese Add to list
Keep hot condiments warm on the stove. Place cold condiments in separate bowls.
Heat tortillas on a griddle or in the toaster oven one at a time until they puff slightly and are hot. Or, for slightly moister wraps, heat them all at the same time wrapped in foil in the oven.
Let each person build their own! Spoon a strip of the Chili Squash or refried beans down the middle of a tortilla and layer condiments on top of that. Fold one end up before folding two sides over the middle.
Recipe by, former PCC staff