Blackened Cajun Salmon
Caution: Do not attempt to make this inside. It's just too smoky. The flavor and ease of preparation make it worthwhile for outdoor cooking season!
- 1 tablespoon paprika Add to list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
Mix all seasoning ingredients together. Sprinkle seasonings liberally over salmon filets.
Outside, on a gas or charcoal barbecue grill, heat a cast iron skillet until it is very hot (smoking). Place seasoned salmon along with a small pat of ghee or coconut oil in the hot skillet. Sear for 2 minutes, then turn, using another pat of ghee or coconut oil to blacken the other side.
Recipe by, PCC staff member