Black Bean, Avocado and Grilled Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches
Yield: 1 wrap (10 to 12 slices)
These colorful wraps are a great source of protein, plus simple and fun to assemble!
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained Add to list
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa Add to list
- 1/2 small avocado Add to list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Pinch of salt, if needed Add to list
- 1 (11-inch) sandwich wrap or whole wheat tortilla Add to list
- 8 to 12 spinach leaves Add to list
- 1 grilled or baked chicken breast, cut into strips Add to list
- A few strips of red bell pepper and/or cucumber (optional) Add to list
In a bowl, mash black beans with salsa, avocado and olive oil. Season with a little salt, if needed.
Place sandwich wrap or tortilla on a work surface and spread a thin layer of bean mixture evenly over the wrap. Distribute spinach leaves across bean mixture and lay chicken strips across the center of the wrap from one side to the other. Top chicken with strips of red bell pepper or cucumber.
Starting from the bottom of the wrap, tightly roll it, tucking in the ingredients as you roll, until the outer seams meet. Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
Slice into 3/4-inch slices and serve.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on King 5's "Evening Magazine" show which aired on August 14, 2013.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.