Black Bean and Corn Salad
Hearty yet refreshing, with that great chile kick. See our Chiles 101 guide for handling tips.
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 1 (15-ounce) can, drained and rinsed Add to list
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips (optional) Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, chopped Add to list
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, or kernels from 2 ears fresh corn Add to list
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced mild green chiles or 1 finely diced Anaheim or poblano chile Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Add to list
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, mild or hot Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- Cayenne powder, to taste Add to list
Put black beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, corn, green chiles, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and oregano in a serving bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
Let stand for 10 minutes for the flavors to develop. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor