PCC Black and Green Tapenade
Yield: approximately 2 1/4 pounds
This tapenade recipe from PCC's Deli kitchen is packed with flavors of the sunny Mediterranean and is best made in advance. It will hold extremely well under refrigeration for up to three weeks. Stir well before serving.
- 1 cup garlic cloves, whole, roasted Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 bunch loose parsley, leaves removed and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup loose fresh basil, chopped Add to list
- 1 cup pitted green olives Add to list
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives Add to list
- 1/2 cup nonpareil capers, rinsed Add to list
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, fresh Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh Add to list
Place whole garlic cloves on a baking sheet, coat lightly with olive oil, and season lightly with sea salt and black pepper. Roast in a pre-heated 375Â° F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Do not over-brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss well.
In a food processor, combine 1/4 of the mixture and pulse until chunky. The mixture ultimately should be spreadable, but rough chopped. Or, if you prefer, you can process until completely smooth. Repeat the process until the entire batch has been processed.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source: Sound Consumer December 2002
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »