Bistecca con Rosmarino e Aglio (Steak with Rosemary and Garlic)
This simple Italian treatment for grilled steaks lets the flavor of the beef shine through, sealing in the juices.
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 4 sirloin, t-bone or rib eye steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick or desired thickness Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
Salt and pepper the steaks. In a 9- by 13-inch glass pan, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil with the balsamic vinegar. Add the steaks and marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
Meanwhile, heat up the grill, griddle or broiler. In a small saucepan, mix the remaining olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt; cook over very low heat while grilling the steaks. Cook steaks until internal temperature reaches 130º F for medium-rare, 145º F for medium. Remove the steaks to a platter and drizzle with olive oil mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes, covered, before serving.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer February 2007
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »