The Best Turkey Burger
Many turkey burgers can be dry and bland. We wanted to create a “go-to” burger that is moist, delicious and grills up beautifully — and we did! Pair this burger with your favorite toppings, such as guacamole and roasted green chiles, or tomato, bacon and lettuce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 cup diced onion Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped Add to list
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten Add to list
- 2 to 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs Add to list
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 4 slices Jack cheese (optional) Add to list
- 4 hamburger buns Add to list
- 4 ounces guacamole (optional) Add to list
Heat oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic during the last minute of cooking.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to high heat.
In a bowl, combine onion mixture, turkey, thyme, oregano, mustard, egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties about 3/4-inch thick. Let rest 10 minutes.
Lightly brush or spray burgers with oil. Cook on the preheated grill until a thermometer inserted into the center of a patty reads 165° F, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Melt cheese onto burgers during the last minute of grilling. Toast the buns off to the side of the grill.
Place a burger on each bun and top with guacamole, if using.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »