Bengali Spice-rubbed Prawns
Using fresh spices from the bulk department, this can be made in a flash.
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds Add to list
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns Add to list
- 1 tablespoon turmeric Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (cayenne powder or red pepper flakes also would work) Add to list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt Add to list
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger Add to list
- 1/2 cup lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 2 pounds prawns, peeled and deveined Add to list
Preheat oven to 425º F.
In a small skillet, toast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black peppercorns. Grind in a spice mill or mortar and pestle, and then combine with the remaining ingredients (excluding the prawns).
Rub spice mix onto prawns and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 7 to 10 minutes and serve.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor