Beet-Cucumber Cleansing Cocktail
Serves: 1 to 2
This is great if you have a juicer. Beets are a traditional remedy for cleansing the liver.
- 1 cucumber, peeled Add to list
- 3 carrots - scrubbed well, tops removed and ends trimmed Add to list
- 1 beet with stem and leaves, scrubbed well Add to list
- 2 stalks celery Add to list
- 1 handful parsley Add to list
- 1- to 2-inch chunk ginger root, scrubbed or peeled Add to list
- 1/2 lemon, peeled Add to list
Cut produce to fit your juicer's feed tube. Juice all ingredients and stir. Pour into a glass and drink as soon as possible.
Each serving: 75 cal, 0.5g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 170mg sodium, 15g carb, 0g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor