Beet and Apple Salad
Full of bold flavors — sweet, tart and spicy.
- 4 large beets (2 1/2 pounds) Add to list
- 5 thyme sprigs Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish Add to list
- 1/3 cup chopped salted pistachios Add to list
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
In a baking dish, lightly drizzle beets and thyme with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast until beets are tender, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Let cool, then peel beets and cut them into 3/4-inch dice.
In a large bowl, whisk vinegar with mustard. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup oil until emulsified. Add horseradish and season with salt and pepper; toss with beets and pistachios. Transfer beets to a platter, top with apple slices and serve.
Each serving: 280 cal, 21g fat (3g sat), 0mg chol, 160mg sodium, 20g carb, 5g fiber, 4g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »