Beef and Veggie Shish Kabobs
This recipe comes to PCC by way of McClaran Ranch in Joseph, Ore. The McClarans are a third-generation family ranch and part of a cooperative of central Oregon beef ranches that make up Oregon Country Beef. Mix and match vegetable options to create your favorite combination.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar Add to list
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice Add to list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes Add to list
- 3 organic green peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 2 organic red onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges Add to list
Mix soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar and garlic powder. Add cubed sirloin and marinate in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container several hours to overnight.
Drain meat. Place beef and vegetables on metal skewers or use wood skewers, which have been soaked in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning. Place on hot grill for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Recipe by, Joseph, Oregon
Source: Sound Consumer June 2005
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »