This gorgeous salad is especially refreshing on warm summer nights. Try replacing half of the red tomato with a yellow variety during peak tomato season for a beautiful, picture-perfect dish!
- 1/3 pound green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (or any other small white beans) Add to list
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion Add to list
- 2 tomatoes, cubed Add to list
- 1/2 cup pitted and coarsely chopped Greek olives Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley Add to list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese Add to list
Bring a pan of water to boil, add the green beans and cook 5 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water until completely chilled. Pat dry.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Combine the green beans, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, dill and parsley in a bowl. Add the dressing and let marinate 1 hour at room temperature.
Top with the feta cheese before serving.
This salad can be made several hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator — just wait to add the green beans and tomatoes. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving and then add the green beans and tomatoes (they will discolor if left in the lemon dressing for a longer period). Stir and then top with the feta cheese.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2011.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »