Banana-Maple Cornmeal Muffins
Yield: Makes 12 to 16 large muffins
- 2 cups whole organic cornmeal Add to list
- 1 cup whole organic barley flour Add to list
- 4 teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans Add to list
- 1 medium banana Add to list
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt Add to list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 1 cup water Add to list
In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mash banana thoroughly with a fork. Using a wire whip, add yogurt, maple syrup and water. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and let stand while preparing pans.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly oil muffin tin to prevent sticking. Fill with mixture and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »