Balsamic Cherry Parfait
Easy, refreshing and delicious, this parfait features sweet, fresh cherries, creamy yogurt and crunchy granola.
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and halved Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt Add to list
- 1/2 cup French Vanilla Almond granola (find it in bulk!) or granola of choice Add to list
Combine cherries and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook just until cherries become tender and juices thicken, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar, sugar and vanilla. Let cool.
To serve, layer yogurt, granola and cherry sauce in a decorative glass or canning jar. Serve immediately.
Each serving: 270 cal, 7g fat (1.5g sat), 5mg chol, 85mg sodium, 45g carb, 3g fiber, 30g sugar, 10g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef