Balsamic Braised Greens with Pine Nuts and Prosciutto
The sweet, tart taste of the balsamic vinegar suits these greens perfectly. Choose young, tender greens and don't overcook them. They should remain bright green to retain their original goodness.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts Add to list
- 4 to 5 cups washed and chopped tender greens (collard, mustard, beet, Swiss chard, or green or dinosaur kale in any combination) Add to list
- 1/2 cup basil leaves Add to list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese Add to list
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté prosciutto, garlic and pine nuts until pine nuts are golden, about 1 minute.
Add greens, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until greens are crisp yet tender. Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show aired on May 2, 2008