Baked Zucchini Sticks
Golden and crispy, zucchini sticks make the perfect side dish.
- 2 egg whites, beaten Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder Add to list
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 3- by 1/2-inch sticks Add to list
- Cooking oil spray Add to list
- Ketchup or marinara sauce, for serving (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place egg whites in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano and garlic powder in a resealable plastic bag; shake well.
Working with a few at a time, dip zucchini sticks in egg whites to cover. Place in the plastic bag and gently shake to cover with breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil. Repeat with remaining zucchini sticks.
Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through baking. Serve hot with ketchup or marinara sauce.
Each serving: 100 cal, 2.5g fat (1g sat), 5mg chol, 370mg sodium, 13g carb, 2g fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef