Baked Hazelnut Cod
At its healthiest baked or broiled, cod is an excellent source of protein and selenium.
- 1/4 cup finely ground hazelnuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 8 ounces cod fillet Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Flour, for dusting Add to list
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk Add to list
- Lemon wedges, for serving Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Mix together hazelnuts, breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow dish. Season fish with salt and pepper, then dust with flour. Dip fish in egg mixture, then coat all sides with the hazelnut mixture.
Place fish on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through and flaky. Serve with lemon wedges.
Each serving: 270 cal, 13g fat (3.5g sat), 145mg chol, 500mg sodium, 14g carb, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 26g protein