Avocado Corn Salsa
Yield: About 3 1/2 cups
- 1 avocado, cut in 1/4-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1/4-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 orange, cut in 1/4-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen Add to list
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded, deveined, minced Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup) Add to list
In a medium-sized bowl, mix all ingredients together and serve. You can make this salsa up to 1 hour ahead of serving.
Beer pairing: This salsa pairs well with Caldera IPA (Oregon).
Each 1/2 cup serving: 80 cal,4.5g fat (.5g sat), 0mg chol, 340mg sodium, 10g carb, 3g fiber, 2g protein
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, September 2012