Yield: Makes 16 brownies
A creamy, fudgy and chocolaty brownie with the added protein and nutritional benefits of avocado!
- 2 large, ripe avocados, mashed until creamy (about 1 cup) Add to list
- 8 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate, melted Add to list
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted Add to list
- 3/4 cup sugar Add to list
- 2 large eggs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (see note) Add to list
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together mashed avocados, melted chocolate and coconut oil until smooth and creamy. Whisk in sugar. Mix in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Add vanilla.
In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir dry mixture into avocado mixture until just combined — be careful not to overmix! Spread batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool and then cut into squares.
For a gluten-free brownie, try substituting almond flour or your favorite gluten-free flour blend for the all-purpose flour.
Each serving: 200 cal, 11g fat (5g sat), 25mg chol, 60mg sodium, 26g carb, 3g fiber, 17g sugars, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef