Toss together any fresh, seasonal vegetables or herbs you like in this easy-to-prepare breakfast. And remember, breakfasts also make great dinners!
- 1 tablespoon butter Add to list
- 1/4 pound asparagus, woody ends removed and spears cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced onion or shallot (optional) Add to list
- 4 eggs Add to list
- Splash of milk Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- Toast, for serving (optional) Add to list
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and onions or shallots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover with a lid and let the asparagus cook until just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl beat together the eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and stir with a wooden spoon until the eggs are set. Serve immediately with toast.
Each serving: 240 cal, 17g fat (8g sat),440mg chol, 470mg sodium, 4g carb, 1g fiber, 18g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »