Asparagus Sautéed with Mango and Capers
Serves: 6 to 8
An unusual pairing of savory asparagus, sweet mango and salty capers.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, tough stem ends trimmed Add to list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 ripe mangos - peeled, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch-thick slices Add to list
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves Add to list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Blanch or steam asparagus until al dente and still green. Refresh in cool water and set aside. (You may do this a day ahead.)
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-low heat and add garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Add asparagus, mango slices, capers, thyme leaves and lemon juice; stir to heat through. Season with a salt and pepper.
Recipe by, PCC Chef