- 2 pounds asparagus, ends cut off and diagonally sliced Add to list
- 6 tablespoons water Add to list
- 1 cup heavy cream Add to list
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced Add to list
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 lemon Add to list
- 2 tablespoons rice flour Add to list
Place asparagus and water in a saucepan. Cover and cook for 4 minutes over medium heat. Add the heavy cream and rice flour and simmer for another 2 minutes until thickened. Add green onion and garlic to the asparagus. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
This filling is also delicious with seafood. Try adding cooked shrimp or crab.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer, March 2010
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »