Asparagus with Edamame and Shiitakes
- 2 pounds asparagus Add to list
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms Add to list
- 3 tablespoons light-flavored oil of your choice Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweetened rice wine) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 3 tablespoons water Add to list
- 6 ounces edamame, shelled Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
Slice asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Slice mushrooms. Heat wok with 1 tablespoon oil and sauté mushrooms until they start to brown. Remove from pan. Add the rest of the oil and the sesame oil. Sauté asparagus until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove asparagus from the pan, add to the mushrooms and keep them warm.
Heat mirin in wok until reduced by half. Add lemon juice, tamari and water; bring to a boil until the sauce is slightly thickened. Add edamame, then return asparagus and mushrooms to the pan and toss to blend. Season with salt and serve.
Recipe by, PCC deli chef