Asian-Glazed Grilled Salmon
Serve this sweet-hot salmon with sautéed soba noodles and roasted asparagus. This glaze can be a bit too spicy for some — adjust the flavors to suit your preferences.
- 1/4 cup hot Chinese-style mustard, or Dijon mustard Add to list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon hot chile sauce, more or less to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce Add to list
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar Add to list
- 4 salmon steaks (7 ounces each) Add to list
Heat the grill to medium-high. Mix the first six ingredients thoroughly.
Spray or brush the grill well with oil. Brush one side of each salmon steak lightly using one-third of the glaze and place glaze-side down on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes, brush the other side with another one-third of the glaze and turn to cook another 5 minutes, or until the center is firm and opaque, but not dry. It should flake easily on the surface. Cooking times may vary depending on thickness.
The sugar and honey will char somewhat and create a dark, crispy crust — but take care to not let it burn too much.
Drizzle the salmon steaks with remaining glaze and serve immediately.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »