Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Use this spicy pesto on fish, chicken, pasta, vegetables or on Goat Cheese Quesadillas.
- 4 cups packed arugula Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed Add to list
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 3 tablespoons toasted, chopped walnuts Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Place arugula, garlic, cheese, walnuts, lemon juice, lemon zest and red pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse until fine, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. With the machine running, pour in olive oil until a fine paste is made. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by, PCC Chef