Artichoke Cheese Bites
A fun and tasty appetizer with artichokes hearts and cheese that can be prepared ahead of time.
- 1 (15-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped Add to list
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs Add to list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten Add to list
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided Add to list
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine artichoke hearts, breadcrumbs, eggs, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and remaining ingredients. Form mixture into 1-inch balls and roll them in remaining Parmesan cheese. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake until heated through and lightly brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Artichoke bites can be prepared up to 6 hours before baking and then refrigerated. If chilled, bake for an additional 5 minutes.