Artichoke and Arugula Salad
Spring is the perfect time to incorporate fresh artichokes into your dishes. During the rest of the year, feel free to use canned artichoke hearts.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 8 ounces arugula Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 2 whole artichokes - cooked, hearts removed and sliced (see Steamed or Boiled Artichokes) Add to list
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped, roasted hazelnuts Add to list
In a small bowl, mix together garlic, mustard, lemon juice and sherry vinegar. Drizzle in oil, while whisking, to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine arugula, beans, artichoke hearts, Parmesan and hazelnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
The artichoke hearts can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and kept in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the salad.
Recipe by, PCC Chef