Apricot Cornmeal Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
These sweet little corn muffins are great for breakfast or a snack on-the-go.
- 1 cup sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon orange zest Add to list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons), at room temperature Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely ground cornmeal Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
- 6 ripe apricots, pitted and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
Cream together sugar, zest and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Stir in vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Slowly add dry ingredients into butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in apricots and walnuts.
Divide batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Each serving: 250 cal, 13g fat (8g sat), 65mg chol, 115mg sodium, 32g carb, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef