PCC Apple Sage Stuffing
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 medium onion, diced Add to list
- 4 stalks celery, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried sage Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1/4 pound crimini mushrooms, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 5 cups bread cubes Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups diced Granny Smith apples Add to list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley Add to list
- 2 cups vegetable stock Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground rosemary Add to list
- Salt and pepper Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Heat a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hot. Sauté onions, celery and sage in 2 tablespoons oil until soft, about 2 minutes. Cool.
Sauté mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons hot oil until browned.
In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, apples, onion-celery mixture, mushrooms and parsley.
Heat vegetable stock with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour hot liquid over stuffing mix and combine thoroughly.
Lightly oil casserole pan and tightly pack stuffing so that it slightly mounds over the pan. Cover tightly with parchment first and then aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and parchment and then brown top for 5 to 10 minutes.
Each serving: 200 cal, 9g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 310mg sodium, 25g carb, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 4g protein
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »