PCC Apple Sage Stuffing
- 1 medium onion, diced Add to list
- 4 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried sage Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1/4 pound crimini mushrooms, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 5 cups bread cubes Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups diced Granny Smith apples Add to list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley Add to list
- 2 cups vegetable stock Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground rosemary Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon black pepper Add to list
Heat a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hot. Sauté onions, celery and sage in 2 tablespoons oil until soft, about 2 minutes. Cool.
Sauté mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons hot oil until browned.
In a large bowl, combing bread cubes, apples, onion and celery mixture, mushrooms and parsley.
Heat vegetable stock with thyme, rosemary, salt and black pepper. Pour hot liquid over stuffing mix and combine thoroughly.
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Lightly oil casserole pan and tightly pack stuffing so that it slightly mounds over the pan. Cover tightly with parchment first and then aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and parchment and then brown top for 5 to 10 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!