Apple Breakfast Bars
Yield: 9 bars
Visit PCC’s bulk department where you’ll find oats, spices and other baking ingredients to make these healthy breakfast bars. Bake up a batch and start the day with a burst of energy.
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats Add to list
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
- 1 dash ground allspice Add to list
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a large bowl, combine oats, dry milk, baking powder, baking soda and spices. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix well.
Spread into an 8-inch square, greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap to keep the bars moist.
Each bar: 100cal, 0.5g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 120mg sodium, 18g carb, 1g fiber, 5g protein
Recipe by, PCC Nutrition Educator