Apple, Bok Choy and Carrot Slaw
A healthy twist on traditional slaw using apples, carrots, uncooked bok choy and a refreshing lemon-ginger dressing.
- 3 heads baby bok choy Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons safflower or sunflower oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks Add to list
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks Add to list
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt Add to list
- Freshly ground pepper Add to list
Cut bok choy in half, lengthwise, removing core and any bruised leafy tops. Rinse each half thoroughly and slice crosswise into thin strips. Rinse in a colander and shake out the water.
In a medium bowl, mix lemon juice, safflower or sunflower oil and ginger. Toss with apple and carrot matchsticks and bok choy. Add salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Toss and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Each serving: 55 cal, 2g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 513mg sodium, 9.6g carb, 2.1g fiber, 1.1g protein
Source: Sound Consumer, September 2006
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »