Amazing Greek-style Salad
Protein-packed lentils make this fresh salad good enough for a meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano Add to list
- 4 to 5 Romaine lettuce leaves Add to list
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa Add to list
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced Add to list
- 1 small orange, sectioned Add to list
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese (optional) Add to list
- 1/2 cup chilled cooked lentils Add to list
To make dressing, mix together oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and oregano in a small bowl; set aside.
On a plate, place lettuce leaves, quinoa, fennel, orange sections, almonds, mint and feta. Drizzle dressing over the top, then place lentils around the salad on the plate.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor