Almond Oatmeal Thumbprint Cookies
Yield: Makes about 36 cookies
- 1/2 pound almonds Add to list
- 1 cup regular rolled oats Add to list
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour or refined spelt flour Add to list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/4 cup almond oil Add to list
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 1/4 cup almond milk Add to list
- 1/3 cup apricot jam or any other flavor you like Add to list
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Finely grind the almonds and oats in a food processor. Combine with flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Combine almond oil, maple syrup and milk in another bowl. Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly into the dry, then let the dough rest 10 to 15 minutes.
Measure 1 tablespoon of dough and, with your hands, roll to form a ball. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. With your thumb, press the center of each ball to make a well. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Fresh e-newsletter December 2008
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »